cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

undefined

Hello i am very new to flow so i am not sure if this is the right application or not and any help would be appreceiated

.I am trying to create a flow that will take a string from the email in a folder l and open a url then query the url and return the results. The results will then be used in the remainder of the  flow to create a new email to a specific team based on the reults from the original query . this email to the team will contain the results from the original query. i am wondering if this is doable?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maxx,

From your description, the Flow you want to create relies on existing features that seem to be achievable.

But I am afraid I don't understand the connection between the extracted string and the URL, and how to query URL.

Some of my suggestions here should help you build a preliminary Flow.

1. Use When a new email arrives as a trigger
  2. Configure Html to text to convert the format of Email body to Text, then use WDL function to extract the string.
  3. Query the url and return the results
  4. Configure the rest of the process
  5. Configure Send an email action to configure the result returned by the query in the corresponding field.

Please take a try and feel free let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Barry

Still struggling but some success, Thank you . I have the query out to the website and returned . I am trying to to figure out the syntax to locate a specific string ( the example below) in the returned data and only select the ?????? dynamically . I thought i could substring to get the result but because the return changes in lengh it will not be accurate? The example below shows the string where i am trying to extrate the 2 pieces for data. i need what is replaced here by ??????.  this will be the conditions for the next action in the flow. Thoughts?

i.e.   State/Region:??????City:??????Latitude

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,780)