cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

undefined

Hello, 

I am trying to set up an approval flow that does the following:

1. Triggered when someone changes document status from "Draft" to "Review". - WORKING
  2. Goes to 10 reviewers. I have set up parallel approval flows because I want to be able to see who has approved and who has not. I also want to see their responses. - WORKING
  3. If everybody approves, I want the document status to automatically change to "Approved". - WORKING
  4. If one or more people reject, I want the document status to automatically change to "Rejected". - NOT WORKING!!

I have tried rearranging the flows and using variables. Nothing has worked. There is either no change at all, or it changes to "Approved" even when one of the users selects "Reject". I'm attaching a scaled-down version of my flow (only 2 users instead of 10). Can someone offer advice?

I should also say I am not a programmer, so I'm not familiar with some technical terminology.

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Sharepoint Approval Flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @harlsmits ,

Your flow is wrong since you have created two "Start and wait for an approval" action, so you would have two "Outcome" dynamic content, however you have choose only one Outcome in the Condition.

I suggest that you could combine it in one approval or you need to add two Outcome dynamic content in the Condition.

1.png

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @harlsmits 

image.png

Above in your condition Outcome contains "Reject" you setting the doc status to Approved. This should be "Rejected". Please check your flow whether you have set the right action steps or is this a typo?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Frequent Visitor

That didn't work. I changed it to "Rejected" and ran the flow with one "Approve" and one "Reject". The document status changed to "Approved". 

The reason I used the term "Reject" is because when I looked at the code, it says "Reject" and not "Rejected". See the screenshot below.

outcome reject.png

I ran it again with Outcome contains "Reject" (not Rejected), this time selecting "Reject" for both reviewers. It went through fine and changed the document status to "Rejected", so that's working fine. 

I've also tried using "Responses" instead of "Outcome, and that also always makes the status change to "Approved" even if one of the reviewers rejects it.

Hi @harlsmits 

'Thanks for the update. Could you please a screenshot of your flow? 

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Frequent Visitor

Workflow screenshot.png

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @harlsmits 

Thanks for the screenshot.

Why you have two parallel branch with same conditions one for approve and another for reject? Could you please explain?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi @harlsmits ,

Your flow is wrong since you have created two "Start and wait for an approval" action, so you would have two "Outcome" dynamic content, however you have choose only one Outcome in the Condition.

I suggest that you could combine it in one approval or you need to add two Outcome dynamic content in the Condition.

1.png

Best regards,

Alice   

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

I was just renaming the conditions to keep them straight while I tested. I always reject one and approve the other to see if it changes the status to "Reject". Once everything is working, I will rename the branches based on the Approver it is going to. 

Hi @harlsmits ,

So have you take a try with my flow?

Have your issue solved?

Best regards,

Alice   

Hi, Sorry for the delay, I set up a test flow with 5 people in my department so had to wait for everyone to respond. 

I did try your idea. I'm not sure I followed it exactly as you envisioned but it definitely sparked a plan in my head. I have 6 parallel approval flows. Then after that I have a series of conditions, one for each approver. The first 5 conditions are:

If Outcome (for a specific approver) contains "Reject", then change document status to "Rejected" and terminate flow.

The final condition states:

If Outcome contains "Reject," then change document status to "Rejected". If Outcome does not contain "Reject", then change document status to "Approved". 

It worked! So happy how. Thank you everyone for your assistance. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,629)