cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

undefined

Hi, I want to build a form into an approval process via teams but it just says approve and reject without seeing the content of the form. How can I see what I am approving or what am I doing wrong in the flow of allow this to happen 

4 REPLIES 4
DAllen365
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Anonymous, what you need to do is one of 2 things (or both).  The first easy way is to link to the form list item by using the Item Link and Item Description fields in the approval action.  If you want to be more robust, you could also save the form as a PDF and attach that as well (though that would likely require you to have additional licensing).  The Item link and description should get you going:

itemn link approval.png

I don't have a screenshot of what the email looks like, but you will see that the approval includes a clear item hyperlink which you can define to just open the submitted form.  There is a property of a list item called link to item that will be the full hyperlink to the item you can use.  Hope this helps!

----------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be working for me.  

Start of the flow aboveStart of the flow above

Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn’t seem to be working for me.  I have started the workflow with a Form and named the form Change form but it won’t give me the option to link it in the way you suggest.  Any other ideas?  Thanks

@Anonymous I see you were talking about Microsoft Forms, not a SharePoint list form.  By default, and as far as I can tell, it is not possible to get a direct hyperlink to a specific form response.  This URL to a specific form response if what you would use to set the approval item link and description to.  There is an existing template that gets approval on a form response, but even it does not include anything for the item URL.  You can also check out this video on this topic, but even it doesn't solve your particular question.  Forms just really collects and aggregates the responses, its not meant to be an actionable inventory per se.  Others have asked the same question (see post1 and post2).  

The common workaround I believe is to write the form response to a SharePoint list first, then you can do your approval on the SharePoint list item and it does have a link.  Or you could just embed all of the questions and answers in the body of the approval so at least they have an idea what they're approving.  Let me know if you need more specifics.  

----------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,471)