Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ulysse4733
Helper I
Helper I

update a column when a file is named with

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and I'm not very good at English. I am sorry for that. I post here to get help on creating a flow to allow me to automate an action.
I use a document library with columns for progress tracking. I have a file for each case in this library. I would like:
when a file labeled "validated" is added to a specified folder of this library.
the "status" column of this library is updated with the mention "validated"

in other words, when I add or rename a file in a folder with the mention validated, the column is updated with the corresponding mention

Can you help me

Thanks

-- 

Bonjour,
Je suis nouveau sur le forum et je ne suis pas trés doué en anglais. Je m'en excuse. Je poste ici pour avoir de l'aide sur la création d'un flux pour me permettre d'automatisé une action.
J'utilise une bibliotèque de document avec des colonnes pour le suivi de l'avancement. j'ai pour chaque affaire un dossier dasn cette bibliotheque. Je souhaiteraisque :
lorsqu'un fichier portant la mention "validé est ajoutée à un dossier spécifié de cette bibliothèque.
la colonne "statut" de cette bibliothèque soit mise à jour avec la mention " validée"

8 REPLIES 8
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ulysse4733 ,

Need more information.

How do you labeled the file? 

What's the data type of 'status' column? Is it a choice column or anything else?

Best Regards,

Wearsky

How do you labeled the file? 

I save it with the signed mention at the end

What's the data type of 'status' column? Is it a choice column or anything else?

ccurrently it is a choice list column with 3 possible statuses

Shujaath_Khan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Ulysse4733 

can you as below 

where we would be having - for label in last for example filename to be helloworld-Choice 1.xlsx

split(split(triggerOutputs()?['body/{Name}'],'-')[1],'.')[0]

Shujaath_Khan_0-1656056473696.png

We've to make sure the label name should be from choices column.

Thanks

Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

Ulysse4733
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for your help.

Is it possible to update the column of the file AND the folder the file is located ?

because, I track the status on the columns at the folder level

Hi @Ulysse4733 

here you go, apply as below

Shujaath_Khan_0-1656071482596.png

Thanks

Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

Je rencontre un problème. Probablement un souci dans la traduction entre les commande en anglais et en Français 

I have an error. Probably a problem in the translation between the commands in English and in French

capture error.jpg

Ulysse4733
Helper I
Helper I

Bonjour,

désolé mais je n'arrive pas à effectuer l'opération. Je reprend donc l'exemple:

J'ai une bibliothèque de documents que j'appelle "BIBLIOTHEQUE" contenant des dossiers. 

Cette bibliothèque comprend une colonne "statut" de type choix (choix 1, choix 2, choix 3)

Je souhaite mettre à jour la colonne "statut" du dossier lorsque j'ajoute ou modifie un fichier contenu dans ce dossier en le renommant avec la mention "-valide" (cad file-valide.xls).

Pourriez vous reprendre  le modèle avec cet exemple pour que je comprenne SVP?

post2.jpg

Hello,

sorry but i can't do it. So let's take the example:

I have a document library which I call "LIBRARY" containing folders.

This library includes a choice type "status" column (choice 1, choice 2, choice 3)

I want to update the "status" column of the folder when I add or modify a file contained in this folder and renaming it with the mention "-valide" (for this exemple : file-valide.xls)

Could you repeat the model with this example so that I understand please?

thank you

Ulysse4733
Helper I
Helper I

Bonjour, j’ai finalement réussi à configurer mon flux pour mettre à jour une colonne selon la modification ou la création d’un fichier dans le nom se termine par « signe ». Je rencontre quelques problèmes.
1) Initialement à cause du caractère « _ » que j’ajoute qui a été résolu sans que je comprenne pourquoi.
2) maintenant je rencontre souvent des notifications d’échec.
Avez-vous des sujétions pour améliorer ce flux ?

Hello, I finally managed to configure my flow to update a column according to the modification or creation of a file in the name ends with "sign". I encounter some problems.
1) Initially because of the " _ " character that I add which has been resolved without my understanding why.
2) Now I often encounter failure notifications.
Do you have any suggestions for improving this flow?

Snag_400577cb.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,923)