cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jissenka
Frequent Visitor

upload a file from SharePoint library to SharePoint list

Hi, Hoping someone can help, I have a PowerApp linked to a SharePoint List, users also take photos with the app.

i currently have a flow that grabs the image form the collection and saves it as a .jpg in a SharePoint library.

I would like to have a flow that updates the SharePoint list with the corresponding Image and saves it in the thumbnail column.

Essentially i want to a flow that gets the image name and looks through the SharePoint list for a row that record number matches the image name and save that image in the  thumbnail field.

Is this possible? The images are named by the customised list record number. 

Thanks in advance,

Brad

2 REPLIES 2
WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Probably the simplest way to do what I think you want, isn't to attach the file to the list itself, but just grab the data from the Thumbnail.Large property of the library item when you first save it, and put that in a URL or plain text column in your list. You can pass in the SP list item ID to the flow that saves the image in the library in the first place, and update it within that flow after you've created the file.

In a gallery you can then use this new list column's data as the .Image property of an Image control without having to lookup the library item for each row of the gallery.

Thanks WillPage,

Can you help with how to do that please.

Below is my flow to create an image file from the PowerApp collection.

Capture.JPG

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,276)