Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

user cant be found in planner

Hi,

im trying to create a flow which get a user mail from a SP list and should assign a task to that user.

im getting an error that the user is not found although the user is in my organization AD.

image.png

any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi

Are you getting the user id from the SharePoint list or is the user hardcoded into the flow?
Have you tried putting yourself in and seeing if that works?

Laura GB

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Did you verify that the user is a member of the Office 365 group that is created with the Planner?  I don't think you can add tasks for people who aren't a member of the Group site behind the Planner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Hi @Pstork1 , yes the useris part of the group.

Highlighted

Hi @LauraGB,

this field is recived from a person column in sharepoint.

Eyal

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

In your office 365 environment do user's User Principal Name match their email address?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

the data is retrieved from a SharePoint list from a person column and it appear in the flow in the following format:

first name. last name@organization.com.

i tried in a previous version of the flow to use the get user profile (V2) to retrieve the UPN based on it, but for some reason I’m getting an access denied error, and the IT in my org not sure why i got it, as i should have the permission.

any idea?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Perez ,

Is the user a guest user?

I have made some test, I found that when testing with Guest user, who is also in my organization Azure AD, the error message “Reference user or group is not found” will be returned.

In the following test, I am using a person or group column value in the Assigned User Ids field. When it is an organization user, it works successfully. When it is a guest user, it failed.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel          

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @v-yamao-msft ,

my useris from the organization (actually guest users are currently not allowed).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,764)