cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMMurphy
Level: Powered On

using html and powerapps to create a pdf file in flow

Hi 

I have very little experience with Flow.  I am trying to create an HTML file from PowerApps data.  I have got mechanics of the flow working but when the HTML file is created in Flow it shows as text ,i.e. the code, rather than the result. So rather than 'G' the text shows as '"&Gallery2.Selected.srOverallRAG&" '.  The HTML in powerapps works as designed.  As the code works in Powerapps  I guess the way I've built the flow makes it read the code as text but I can't find a way to solve the problem.  

The flow is launched in Powerapps with a button with this code in 'OnSelect'.  'PowerApp->Createfile'.Run(HtmlText1.HtmlText)'

I am using this code in the Create file > file content selector:  CONCAT('') with the html copied from powerapps inbetween the single quotes. 

The powerapps code sits within the HTML as per the following extract (it is within HTML tags) :   

<h1>
"&Gallery2.Selected.srOverallRAG&"</h1>
<h1>"&Gallery2.Selected.Title& " "& Text(Gallery2.Selected.srReportDate,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy","en-GB")&"</h1>

I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JMMurphy

Re: using html and powerapps to create a pdf file in flow

so I found the issue - the CONCAT() expression was not needed for this - I just replaced this with 'CreateFileFileContent' in the File Content field.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JMMurphy

so I found the issue - the CONCAT() expression was not needed for this - I just replaced this with 'CreateFileFileContent' in the File Content field.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
kaze

Hi, could you explain a bit more on where you added the HTML code? and also how did you send values from the Powerapps to the HTML code? I understand a bit but I am not sure of it. Could you please clarify. Thank you 🙂

JMMurphy

do you mean in power apps or flow?

kaze

Hi,

I don't know is the answer to your question. I wished to know how you did it. Did you type the html code in powerapps and then just sent it to flow, or did you type your html in Flow and sent values from powerapps to it? How did you set values from powerapps to flow is my question. Would be very helpful if you could clarify.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,010)