cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ichbinbunny
Microsoft
Microsoft

when a SharePoint file is modified, create an item in SharePoint list

when a SharePoint file is modified, create an item in SharePoint list. My flow runs successfully but the trigger of file modification does not work.  current flow (get a file- get file property - create an item ) Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ichbinbunny ,

If you wan to use the 'For a selected file' trigger, you need trigger the flow in the sharePoint library.

I have made a test on my side, please take a reference:

InkedCapture5_LI.jpg

Capture6.PNGCapture7.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Could you post an expanded (and redacted) screenshot of your Flow, please?

Until then as a spitball remedy, I've found that I have more reliability utilzing the SharePoint trigger, When a file is created or modified (properties only) rather than When a file is created or modified

Also, verify the data types of the columns in your SharePoint lists. Make sure you aren't trying to add multiple lines of text to single lines of text, dates to text boxes, etc. Many times when SharePoint list flows fail, the destination list's configuration and/or permissions within SharePoint are the culprit.

Capture.PNG

I will need  to run the flow from SharePoint file, otherwise, the flow does not be triggered by file modification. 

In your original post you said, "When a SharePoint file is modified, create an item in SharePoint list." The For a selected item trigger you have in your screenshot, is not a file-related trigger, it is a list-related trigger. From what you described in your first post, the flow would look something like this - 

CreateListItem.JPG

Hi @ichbinbunny ,

If you wan to use the 'For a selected file' trigger, you need trigger the flow in the sharePoint library.

I have made a test on my side, please take a reference:

InkedCapture5_LI.jpg

Capture6.PNGCapture7.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,950)