cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaca
Level: Powered On

when item is created updated that item based on another sharepoint list

Hola People,

I would really appreciate your help, I am stuck with my flow cause I cant get the value of the array or the design is not the best or both. I am new at flow.

I have a list "database" that is updated by the user, that list have an amount value that is base in X currency and month.

I have another list "exchange rate" with 13 columns (one per each month and one that identy the differents X currencies).

So what i need is use flow to update the item created to the correspondance exchange rate base on the sharepoint list "exchange rate" according the X currency and X month from the item created.

so far i have done, this part that works ok, the arrail get the value according the filters (i have create a view for each month that i use as filter with the value month from the item created:

image.png

but now this is the issue i cant add that value, cause I cant extract from the array in order to update the item created.

image.pngt

Thanks in advance for any help and recomendations

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: when item is created updated that item based on another sharepoint list

Hi @Gaca 

So as the Base and Month values will be unique for every item in the SP list, you can use ODATA queries to get the particular record. Please have a look at the screenshot and replicate. 

sppp.png

Hope This Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Gaca , 

You want to update the value of the newly created Item (the one in database right?)

What all do you want to add in that? Do you want to create new items based on the exchange rates every month? 

Can you share more details on this? What is it that you are doing in the compose action and what do you want to pass in the Update Item?

Thanks,

Gaca

Hi @yashag2255 .

yes when the user created the new item, in database i have a column call "ER" that one is not available for the user to introduce value through the entry form, but they completed currency (lets say for example "USD") and month (for example may that is number 5) --> all this happen in sharepoint list "database"

so when that item is created i want to go to the sharepoint list "exchange rate" look for the value (in this example) of USD and column 5, and bring that value and added to the item in sharepoint list "database" under the column "ER".

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Gaca 

So as the Base and Month values will be unique for every item in the SP list, you can use ODATA queries to get the particular record. Please have a look at the screenshot and replicate. 

sppp.png

Hope This Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Gaca

Thanks @yashag2255  is the same idea what i am building the first part, getitem I am doing it with the SP list "exchange rate" and filter the query ODATA with the Currency and the month (I have a column per month) related to that currency.

that part is ok when i tried the flow that array retrieve the value of the exchange rate I want. the issue is in the second part you have showed in "Update Item". in the field ER if i select ER (from when item is created) i am not updating any values right? what i want to do and i dont know how is that in ER should be the output of the query I am doing at the beggining in "Get Item".

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Gaca , 

I have the ER field in my Database list and the Exchange List. In the Update Item, I am fetching the ER value from Exchange Rate list and updating the Database for that. Is this not what you want to do? 

Note: As  the Month and the Base are unique items there will be only on record that matches with these values and therefore the array being created will have just one value. 

I tested this in my environment. I created Items in the Exchange Rate with the Month numbers and the Base and the Exchange Rates. Now when I create an item in Database, I input the Amount, month and base and then the flow triggers to update the ER value in the Databse item. 

Note that the ER column in Database should not be hidden. Else, it won't show up in update item in Flow. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Gaca

Yes! and thank you so much! works perfect but i have to change the structure of my sharepoint list "exchange rate" 

now is one column per month:

Currency         1               2         3          4      5

usd                2,6            2,7       2,8       2,9    3,0

and according this solution should be

Currency Month ER

usd           1         2.6

usd           2         2,7

usd          3          2,7

usd         4          2,9

usd        5           3,0

so if i do that change in the SP list structure, the solution works!

thank you so much! really, really appreciate it!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Gaca , 

Glad that it worked for you.  

If my reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,932)