cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frunkis
Level: Powered On

writing condition to analyze string of characters

I am looking for some help getting a flow figured out that alerts me to when something comes into my email with a particular value in the subject. The trick is…. The value changes but is always formatted the same way…

I can do all the push notifications and all that stuff but im stuck on the condition part of the flow…

IF the subject line contains a consecutive series of characters that are a total of 8 long with all characters being numerical except for the second one.

Ex:       0I876534

1X123456

But I need this to be able to pick this string out of a complete email subject line..

Ex: Can you look at 7H897464 please?

It pulls out the 7H897464.

Anyone have thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: writing condition to analyze string of characters

Hi @frunkis ,

It seems you want to check whether the email Subject contains a consecutive series of characters, like:1X123456.

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

You can get the Subject of the email via flow, however you can't use the Wildcard to represent characters which you want to find in flow.

Flow does not support the Wildcard currently. 

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: writing condition to analyze string of characters

Hi @frunkis ,

It seems you want to check whether the email Subject contains a consecutive series of characters, like:1X123456.

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

You can get the Subject of the email via flow, however you can't use the Wildcard to represent characters which you want to find in flow.

Flow does not support the Wildcard currently. 

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 180 members 5,052 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: