cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rambrose
Frequent Visitor

x# Sequential Multiple Approvals - How does the Approver assign the next person?

We have a chain of command that does not follow a guaranteed route up the chain.  There can be up to 10 approvals and each approver needs to manually assign the next approver.  The originator only knows his/her supervisor, not any beyond that.  How can I do this?

2 REPLIES 2
danielbazetto
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rambrose 

Let me see if I understood correctly, you want to build a flow where an approval is started, the approver then approves that and provide the name of the next one until reaches the end.

Perhaps you could "ask" the approver to provide the email for the next one, using that info you create a loop to do that action until the next approver provided is empty.

I'm new to this, so how do I ask?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,484)