cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickprado
Frequent Visitor

Adaptive Card Not Displaying

Hi all,

I am having issues with Adaptive Cards in Teams. I have not been able to get a fully functioning Adaptive Card to render properly. I was previously able to get a static card to show, but any time I try to use a Flow to output the Adaptive Card and input the results in the Bot, it fails in some way.

The issue with the card is: I pull a list of Clients and their ID from the Dataverse, so I need to be able to input an array into the card, which from what I can tell is almost impossible unless you do so in Power Automate. I take the string of the Adaptive card, which you can see gets output in the Teams message, and input that to the virtualagent.clients variable seen in the pictures.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!Screenshot 2022-03-25 235108.png

Screenshot 2022-03-25 235211.png

Screenshot 2022-03-25 235428.png

Screenshot 2022-03-25 235322.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nickprado
Frequent Visitor

Upon further investigation, it turns out that the version of the Adaptive Card (and consequently the features in it) was higher that what is supported in the renderer. I had validation and styles set that were causing issues, but through some editing was able to get the card to meet the requirements and post correctly.

nickprado_1-1648601747031.png

It is still a bit upsetting that such old versions are all that is roughly supported on a "cutting edge" product.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nickprado
Frequent Visitor

Upon further investigation, it turns out that the version of the Adaptive Card (and consequently the features in it) was higher that what is supported in the renderer. I had validation and styles set that were causing issues, but through some editing was able to get the card to meet the requirements and post correctly.

nickprado_1-1648601747031.png

It is still a bit upsetting that such old versions are all that is roughly supported on a "cutting edge" product.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,012)