cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mary168

Can free teams version PVA use Power Automate to connect to on-premise SQL Server database? Is it possible to get suggested topics from company internal websites?

Dear experts,

I'm newbie for PVA. Currently I plan to only use the free Teams version (I have office 365 license). Here are 2 questions:

1. Can free teams version PVA use Power Automate to connect to on-premise SQL Server database? 

2. Is it possible to get suggested topics from company internal websites? I found the document mentions that when use suggested topics, the link you provided should be https, and no need login. I provided company internal websites address which are https, and no need login, but it still reports error and connection failure.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

1. I assume you mean, can it be done without additional licensing?  The answer is NO.  PVA in teams give you access to PVA and to Dataverse for Teams without additional licensing.  But the SQL connector used in the flow to access SQL would still be premium and require a premium license for all users.

2. Yes it will work with company internal websites IF the addresses are reachable from the Internet.  I suspect your internal web site is only accessible on the internal network.  If that is the case it won't work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

1. I assume you mean, can it be done without additional licensing?  The answer is NO.  PVA in teams give you access to PVA and to Dataverse for Teams without additional licensing.  But the SQL connector used in the flow to access SQL would still be premium and require a premium license for all users.

2. Yes it will work with company internal websites IF the addresses are reachable from the Internet.  I suspect your internal web site is only accessible on the internal network.  If that is the case it won't work.

EduCon Chicago 2022

Hi Pstork,

Thank you so much for your reply! For the 2nd question, yes, the internal web site is only accessible on the internal network. Is it possible to make this kind of website workable (suggested topics) if don't want to be accessible by public network? If no, is there any best practice to make internal website be accessible by public network if security allowed.

to use the internal website for suggested topics your best approach will be to copy the FAQ off the internal web site and into a PDF or Excel Spreadsheet.  Then post that spreadsheet somewhere accessible on the Internet.  After you import the topics to PVA you can then delete the Internet accessible file. I don't know of any other way to do it.

EduCon Chicago 2022

Mary168

Hi Pstork,

Got it, thank you very much!

H_Jonaa01
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Pstork1,
so, if I create a bot in teams, which is using premium connectors in a flow, all my users that want to chat with this bot need a premium license? 
My thought was, that it is enough to have a premium license for the user, which is creating the bot/ flow.

If you create a bot in Teams and call a Premium connector in a flow triggered by the bot, then the flow will run in the context of the user of the bot. That means that user would need a Premium license.  The one exception to that is of course Dataverse, since that is covered by the Dataverse for Teams license and isn't Premium for either the flow or the bot when running under Teams.

EduCon Chicago 2022

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,341)