cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k1ng
Helper I
Helper I

Display image from SharePoint on my bot

I am having issues with the flow, "SharePoint:  Get file contact using path"... I guess don't know how to port back to PVA.  The flow goes through however it's an URL to get the picture not the picture?  The "image" var is not even loaded after the flow is completed...  What I am missing to display the image not download?  
1.PNG

2021-03-23_21-50-47.png

2.PNG3.PNG

Thanks!

-n

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @k1ng  ,

Unfortunately, you will not able to use the Sharepoint image on the chatbot.

Why? Because Sharepoint has a security and you only can show public images on the chat for the user.

Also, you need to use a markdown to show images on the chatbot, like [label](image_path) like this: Returning an image as a message - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @k1ng  ,

Unfortunately, you will not able to use the Sharepoint image on the chatbot.

Why? Because Sharepoint has a security and you only can show public images on the chat for the user.

Also, you need to use a markdown to show images on the chatbot, like [label](image_path) like this: Returning an image as a message - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

Thanks for the insight @renatoromao.  Even if I make the user log into the chat through SSO or something?  That sounds weird that we can't use sharepoint 365, everyone has approval to access the site..

Let me know!

-n

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@k1ng ,

I never tried using SSO, but I don't think so that will work.

Basically, the context of the bot conversation is public (if you publish in a custom website channel, everyone has access to use it) and SharePoint is a private system, that you need to use your credentials. 

In theory, the context is different and the public cannot access private data.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,209)