cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spamtomas
Helper I
Helper I

Handling lists from power automate to display in teams

Continuing to play around with PVA in teams and i'm trying to display some results coming back from SharePoint however it seems teams doesn't handle line breaks at all. Tried some suggestions here including markup html etc etc. Any ideas, is this something being investigated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Yes @spamtomas , I forgot that tables are not supported 😞 hahah

You can break lines using this post: Solved: Power Virtual Agents - Rendering line breaks on bo... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

If you want to use the Bullets or Lists inside the Markdown, you can create a variable at the beginning of your workflow, and append to string as you said.

Inside the append to string action, you can use your value and press enter after your result. This will be break line automatically.

bullets and lists

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @spamtomas ,

You can use the Markdown tags to break lines and create tables: Use markdown to format Power Automate approvals - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

spamtomas
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @renatoromao  that link says that tables are not supported in teams though, which is what I had tried. It does state numbered lists are supported so i could look at doing that via an append to string array and increment the number each time, perhaps that might work for me? Also it states Forced line breaks are supported, any idea how i do that?

Cheers

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Yes @spamtomas , I forgot that tables are not supported 😞 hahah

You can break lines using this post: Solved: Power Virtual Agents - Rendering line breaks on bo... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

If you want to use the Bullets or Lists inside the Markdown, you can create a variable at the beginning of your workflow, and append to string as you said.

Inside the append to string action, you can use your value and press enter after your result. This will be break line automatically.

bullets and lists

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

View solution in original post

@renatoromao  That's interesting, just tested it now and pressing return after my values doesn't create a line break even if i do that in a a variable and add it that way. However if i preface my string with the list markdown character (-) it does work. So I guess line breaks only work if its a list. Thank you very much!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,640)