cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eilishourigan
Helper II
Helper II

How do I reset a Global Bot Variable

I am building a Help Desk bot.  I have a global bot variable called Category for when a user is logging a help desk ticket.

How do I reset this variable? 

If the user selects a category and logs a ticket it works fine.  But if they come back and log a second ticket it uses the value from the previous session.  Is there a way to clear the session and clear the value from the Global Variable?

Thanks,

Éilis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @eilishourigan ,

You can select the "..." at the side of your question, click on the Skip question settings, change to the "Ask a question" option.

Now, every time that the user sends a message, the chatbot will ask this question.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @eilishourigan ,

You can select the "..." at the side of your question, click on the Skip question settings, change to the "Ask a question" option.

Now, every time that the user sends a message, the chatbot will ask this question.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

eilishourigan
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for your response @renatoromao 

Unfortunately this won't fix my problem.

My user if they click 'Hello' get given all Help Desk Options - I have an Issue, I want to Log Feedback etc.

If they select I have an issue I ask for the Category - my global bot variable is set and they are directed to the topic related to that Category.  The bot asks questions and tries to fix the issue but if it can't it logs a ticket using the Category.

However, my user can also type Log Ticket and get straight to logging a ticket - if the Bot Variable 'Category' is empty then they get asked for the category.  However if they have had a previous session it is using the Category value from the previous session.

eilishourigan
Helper II
Helper II

Apologies @renatoromao I actually said I'd give the solution a try and it worked.  I will leave my previous reply up there just in case it helps someone else.

So to summarise I went to the original question and set it to 'Always ask the question' as recommended by @re

and it fixed the problem.

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Great, @eilishourigan !!! 🙂

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (75,479)