cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues in the bot created using PVA in Teams

Hi Team,

I have created a bot using PVA in Teams and I want the bot to start talking first. I checked the article : Automatically start a chatbot conversation - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs, but since I am using PVA in Teams, I do not see the bot ID. The only channel active for me is Microsoft Teams. Is there a way where I can go and get my bot ID so that I can proceed forward?

Thank you 

Tanya

3 REPLIES 3
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Today, you can use this article only if you are deploying your PVA inside a Custom website because you need to use JavaScript and CSS file to do it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Please, vote in this idea: Teams - Configure your bot to start the conversati... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

@Anonymous 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português
micchow
PVA
PVA

@Anonymous , by default for Teams the bot will greet the user when they install the bot for the first time without needing any configuration.  You can find more information on bot's behavior on different messaging platform here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/publication-fundamentals-publish-channels#channel-experience-reference-table

The link you referred to earlier is specific to bots being added to a webpage which does not apply to your scenario.  Also as FYI, to find the bot ID, you can do so by going to Configure -> Channel -> Microsoft Teams -> Submit to admin for approval -> download manifest.  The bot ID is the GUID included in the packageName field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

PVA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,649)