Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eilishourigan
Helper II
Helper II

Test Bot in teams behaving differently to Published Bot in Teams

Hi,

I have created a Help Desk Bot through the Virtual Agents App in Teams.  In the Greeting Topic I have given the user 3 options to choose from.  I have a condition statement following this selection to send the flow to other topics based on what the user selects.  It works fine when I test it. 

However when I publish the bot and try to use it in teams it recognises the first two options but the 3rd Option:  "Can you show me how to do something" always gets the below response:

"Sorry, I am not able to find a related topic. Can you rephrase and try again?"

It should redirect to a topic called 'Help'

Any ideas?

I have tried to add an 'All other conditions' condition to try and catch it but I still get the same message.  Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eilishourigan
Helper II
Helper II

I have figured it out!!! 😀

So to summarize in my greeting topic I ask a question presenting the user with three options.  Based on the option selection the user is directed to another topic.  Tested and worked fine on the test bot but once published it didn't recognise the options.

Solution: for each topic I wanted to direct to I needed to ensure that the exact wording of the option I was selecting was included as a trigger for that topic.  e.g. User selects "I want to log feedback", bot should go to the 'Feedback' topic.  I needed to include the exact phrase "I want to log feedback" as a trigger in the 'Feedback' topic.

To be honest I think this is more of a workaround as I would have thought it should have worked the way I had it originally set up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @eilishourigan ,

Can you give us which are the 3 options existent, please?

Because maybe your issue is inside the text of the option.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

The three options I present are:

1. I want to log Feedback
  2. I have a Technical Issue
  3. Can you show me how to do something

Option 1 and 2 work fine.  Option 3 works in the test bot but not when it is published in teams.  I have tried changing the text of Option 3 to no avail.  I have also tried to change the name of the topic it calls and that didn't help either.

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@eilishourigan ,

Can you try to reduce the text of the option, like "How to do something"?

And can you try to create a 4th option to test if works normally?

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português
eilishourigan
Helper II
Helper II

I did what you asked and I am still getting the same message for the last 2 Options:

1. I want to log Feedback
  2. I have a Technical Issue
  3. How to do something
  4. Another Option

Again it works as expected in the app.  But when I access the published Bot through teams Option 3 and 4 get the below response:

"Sorry, I am not able to find a related topic. Can you rephrase and try again?"

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@eilishourigan ,

Oh no 😞

I think that you do but I need to question you. Do you publish your bot and wait for 15-30min?

If this issue persists, I recommend you to open a ticket inside the PVA support, they can investigate better about your internal issue: https://powervirtualagents.microsoft.com/en-us/support

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

eilishourigan
Helper II
Helper II

Actually I don't wait that long before trying to use it - could accessing it before it is ready maybe corrupt it in some way?

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

No, ignore this question because I forgot that you already see the option inside the topic conversation.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

eilishourigan
Helper II
Helper II

I've just noticed now that with Option 1 I am getting the following response:

"Sorry, I didn't get that. Did you mean:"

And then I am presented with some topic options. 

Again this works fine in test. 

I wonder is it something to do with the naming of topics or even the trigger words associated with them - could it be confusing the bot?

eilishourigan
Helper II
Helper II

I have figured it out!!! 😀

So to summarize in my greeting topic I ask a question presenting the user with three options.  Based on the option selection the user is directed to another topic.  Tested and worked fine on the test bot but once published it didn't recognise the options.

Solution: for each topic I wanted to direct to I needed to ensure that the exact wording of the option I was selecting was included as a trigger for that topic.  e.g. User selects "I want to log feedback", bot should go to the 'Feedback' topic.  I needed to include the exact phrase "I want to log feedback" as a trigger in the 'Feedback' topic.

To be honest I think this is more of a workaround as I would have thought it should have worked the way I had it originally set up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (81,341)