cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijay16
Frequent Visitor

Topic variable - Receive values from other topics - not working as expected.

I've been creating a custom survey topic with emojis. I use this survey at the end of every topic to understand user feedback. I'm using the new feature of Topic variables - Receive variables from other topic - to achieve this. I pass the topic name where the Survey is called using this Receive values from other topic feature. I save this received data to SharePoint using Power Automate. 

Say in a topic A, I start with a menu of options, the user chooses an option and the bot navigates till the end of that menu option and the survey pops up. In the first pass everything seems fine. But at the end of the survey, I loop the end of the survey to the menu option. This is where the problem occurs. Though the feedback topic variable is already set, the bot somehow skips that value and asks the user for the feedback topic again. Not really sure what I'm missing here. Attaching the flow screenshots for reference.

Survey Topic

vijay16_0-1641176589432.png

vijay16_1-1641176613110.pngvijay16_2-1641176720104.png

Sample call of the survey topic

vijay16_3-1641176809400.png

We've multiple menu option which we want the user to go through without having to trigger the topic again and again. Hence the looping back after the end of survey. The inbuilt survey is good but this is what we wanted to have a better feel for the bot.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,884)