cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user123zzz
Regular Visitor

Triggering Chatbot when a new starter joins

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to develop an onboarding chatbot for my organisation. Ideally on the first time a user logs into teams, the chatbot will appear with a menu of some FAQs about the company etc. 

Would anyone know how to trigger a PVA bot in teams that starts a conversation if this is the first/second/third time a user logs into Teams? 

Can PVA even start the conversation first? I'm pretty new to PVA. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SueB
Microsoft
Microsoft

There is the Preview functionality to send a message from a bot in Teams. I mention it cautiously since it is still in pre-release and might change. Your admin would need to pre-pin and install the bot first.

It starts out with a Power Automate flow that triggers when the new hire is added to a Team. Then the Post message in chat or channel Teams connector is used to send the initial message.

Take a look at these links.

Notify bot users in Power Virtual Agents for Teams with proactive messages and cards - Power Virtual...

Manage app setup policies in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

Here's the basic structure:

Proactive Chat.jpg

I hope this helps. 

Thank you for using Microsoft Power Platform Communities!
Sue
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SueB
Microsoft
Microsoft

There is the Preview functionality to send a message from a bot in Teams. I mention it cautiously since it is still in pre-release and might change. Your admin would need to pre-pin and install the bot first.

It starts out with a Power Automate flow that triggers when the new hire is added to a Team. Then the Post message in chat or channel Teams connector is used to send the initial message.

Take a look at these links.

Notify bot users in Power Virtual Agents for Teams with proactive messages and cards - Power Virtual...

Manage app setup policies in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

Here's the basic structure:

Proactive Chat.jpg

I hope this helps. 

Thank you for using Microsoft Power Platform Communities!
Sue
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,124)