cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KCh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Who can see the bot (Power Virtual Agents for Teams) with access group "Everyone in my team"?

Hi all.

Sorry if this question was answered (I didn't find). In the Microsoft documentation I wrote following information about access groups for the Power Virtual Agents in Teams:

This option controls who can access your bot. You can select one of two groups:

• Everyone on my team. This lets every member on the team that the bot belongs to access and chat with the bot. Users outside of the team will see an error when trying to chat with the bot. If you want to add users to access your bot in this configuration, you can add them to the team directly in Microsoft Teams.
  • Everyone in my organization (Organization name). This lets everyone in the organization access and chat with your bot. Users outside of the organization will see an error when chatting with the bot.

Does it mean that everyone in my organization can see and install the bot, but couldn't chat with this bot?

If yes - is there any way to hide the bot from everyone outside of the Team for which I would like to allow chat with the bot?

Many thanks for the help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @KCh ,

No worries! 🙂

About your question, no. This documentation means that if you publish your bot and share this link to your team, everyone can see/install this bot but if anyone outside of your team saw this link and try to install the chatbot, couldn't install it.

Share the bot with your Team

Once you've published your bot, you can share it with other Microsoft Teams users so they can find it in the Microsoft Teams app store. You can share it with your team directly.

You can share your bot with your team by adding it to the Microsoft Teams app store, Built for your-organization-name > Built by your colleagues section. Only your teammates will find the bot there.

Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | M...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @KCh ,

You're welcome! 🙂

1- If the user already sends a message to the chatbot, maybe he will see this conversation. But in theory, if he didn't send a message yet, the bot will disappear for him.

But if you make this change and bot still visible, you can open a ticket: https://powervirtualagents.microsoft.com/en-us/support

2- Exactly.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @KCh ,

No worries! 🙂

About your question, no. This documentation means that if you publish your bot and share this link to your team, everyone can see/install this bot but if anyone outside of your team saw this link and try to install the chatbot, couldn't install it.

Share the bot with your Team

Once you've published your bot, you can share it with other Microsoft Teams users so they can find it in the Microsoft Teams app store. You can share it with your team directly.

You can share your bot with your team by adding it to the Microsoft Teams app store, Built for your-organization-name > Built by your colleagues section. Only your teammates will find the bot there.

Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | M...

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Hi, @renatoromao ,

Thank you very much for the answer!

I just want to ask 2 more questions just to be sure that I understand correctly:

I built a bot, published it, added it to Teams and submitted it for admin approval (received an approval as well) - during all this stages Access group was "Everyone in my organization". And everyone in my organization receive a welcome message from this bot.

1st question - If now I change the access group to "Everyone on my team" am I right that members outside of the Team won't be able to chat with this bot, but still see it in Chat tab, or the bot will disappear?

2nd question - In this case member outside from the Team won't see this bot in Microsoft App Store?

Thank you!

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @KCh ,

You're welcome! 🙂

1- If the user already sends a message to the chatbot, maybe he will see this conversation. But in theory, if he didn't send a message yet, the bot will disappear for him.

But if you make this change and bot still visible, you can open a ticket: https://powervirtualagents.microsoft.com/en-us/support

2- Exactly.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

KCh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @renatoromao ,

Thank you very much for the answers! 🙂

Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,764)