Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JonasH
Level: Powered On

2 Collect Statements for only 1 collection row

Hello everybody,

I've been trying to store content from multiple Collect commands in the same row of a table for some time now. Unfortunately the entries are qritten in diffrent rows.

I used statements like:

Collect(
    Cache,
    {
        CustomerNo: input_custno.Text,
        CustomerName: input_custname.Text,
        ContactPerson: input_contact.Text,
        ProjectNo: input_prono.Text,
        OrderedBy: input_ordered.Text,
        CheckedBy: input_checked.Text,
        DateBegin: date_begin.SelectedDate,
        DateEnd: date_end.SelectedDate,
        FaultType: dropdown_faulttype.SelectedText,
        Priority: dropdown_prio.SelectedText
    }
)

I also tried Statements like 

ClearCollect

and stuff like that.

Collectionbad.PNG

[this is how it looks like]

Can anyone help me with that?

best regards Jonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: 2 Collect Statements for only 1 collection row

Hi @JonasH 

Do you have separate expressions for adding these values? I mean first expression to add the values getting populated in first row and second expression with the values added in second row?

Collect() create a new line in the collection and it won't merge the results until done with an expression.

If you wish to edit the records in a existing row in the collection, then you might need to use the Patch() for the second expression instead of Collect() (This creates a new row). Here, you will need an identifier to recognize the specific row and update it.

Second Expression: 
Patch(Cache, LookUp(Cache, Name = "Value1"),{Col1:"Value2",Col2:"Value3"})

If this differs, please share the set of expressions used by you, so that we might be able to help you better.

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @JonasH 

Do you have separate expressions for adding these values? I mean first expression to add the values getting populated in first row and second expression with the values added in second row?

Collect() create a new line in the collection and it won't merge the results until done with an expression.

If you wish to edit the records in a existing row in the collection, then you might need to use the Patch() for the second expression instead of Collect() (This creates a new row). Here, you will need an identifier to recognize the specific row and update it.

Second Expression: 
Patch(Cache, LookUp(Cache, Name = "Value1"),{Col1:"Value2",Col2:"Value3"})

If this differs, please share the set of expressions used by you, so that we might be able to help you better.

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

JonasH
Level: Powered On

Thanks for your fast reply @yashag2255,

I found out about 1. 5 hours ago that another solution was more suitable for my purposes.

I've just tried to test your suggested solution so I can mark it as a solution, but I'd still have to create the columns for it. Currently I don't have time to understand how the AddColumn Expression works, so I assume that your solution works and mark it as a solution.

Thank you so much for your help.

Have a nice day ^-^ 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,966)