cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jam
Level: Powered On

2 Problems: 1 No item to display when previewing app 2: width of field won't change.

I'm connecting my powerapp to a SharePoint Online list for which I am site collection admin and owner of the site in question, therefore I have all the power of 'Grey Skull' behind me. I have created an 'Edit' form using the connection to the SharePoint list. I have selected the fields I wish to add/edit into SharePoint. 2 Text fields, 1 numerical field and 3 yes/no fields. Previewing my app gives me the reassurance of "No item to display". Correct as I want people to be able to add new data into said SharePoint list!

Secondly my 3 Yes/No fields take up so much realestate on the screen and I can easily put at least 2 of these side by side. But if I try and change the width nothing happens. The value says it's changed but the screen still shows the same. I've ensured all fields inside element are the same or less width values but still they won't move. Likewise for my numerical field which requires a single digit to be input, doesn't need the amount of realestate given to it.

So much promise from PowerApps but these stupid issues (and not being able to use choice values in edit scenarios) are driving me mad!

Justin

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: 2 Problems: 1 No item to display when previewing app 2: width of field won't change.

Hi Justin,

About problem #1, do you want to create an App to show data from SharePoint Online list and also submit data to SharePoint Online list? If yes, this article about “Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps” would be a reference for you.

The link of the article is:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/working-with-forms/

About problem #2, do you want to change the width of fields? It seems that the width of fields cannot be changed even though the value can be changed by configuring “Width” property.

About using choice values, do you have a Choice column in your SharePoint list? In the App you created, the choice values cannot be displayed, right? Please click the ellipsis in your Choice field and change the Value to “Value”. By default, it is shown as “@Odata.type”. Below is a screenshot of my “choice field” in Form customization.

Please try to create an App with SharePoint Online list according to this article. And try to change the Value to show your choice values.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
TschoofBAH
Level 8

Re: 2 Problems: 1 No item to display when previewing app 2: width of field won't change.

Hello Mabel,

I am reviewing that page for information, but I too have a similar issue to Justin. I created an edit form, put in the proper fields for input, updated the properties for each card and contained field, etc. When I run the app though and traverse to the edit screen I created..I get "No item to display" given this is an edit form and not a display form, what am I missing here? Thanks!

TschoofBAH
Level 8

SO I just answered my own question for at least not having the form display nothing, but I wanted to know if this is the only way to see a form (using the "newform" function)? I have ideas that would traverse simply using a form for direct enditing of background data so just curious. Thanks!

pNabin
Level 8

.....[By default, it is shown as “@Odata.type”. Below is a screenshot of my “choice field” in Form customization.]
For this content you have mentioned screenshot but there is no screenshot available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,722)