cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tianaranjo
Level 8

Re: 500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long

@Meneghino

Thank you!  I am going to try now.  Would the SharePoint  DateYear Calculated column be returned as text?

tianaranjo
Level 8

Re: 500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long

@Meneghino

Meneghino - no luck with the filtering.  I have tried both code samples you provided.

Any other thoughts?

Meneghino
Level 10

DateYear should be returned as a number otherwise you cannot make mathematical comparisons.

tianaranjo
Level 8

@Meneghino

I am just getting back to this.  Either way that I try produce the delegable error - am I missing something?  The blue 'highlighted' parts the first DateYear, the || and the last =

ClearCollect(colYearFilter,
Filter('CC - Incident Reports', DateYear=CurrentYear || DateYear = CurrentYear-1))

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @tianaranjo

Once again, you should define DateYear as a number column, not text

tianaranjo
Level 8

@Meneghino

Thanks again; I do have the SP column set up as a number field.  I was able to resolve with the following:

ClearCollect(colAllEvents,
Filter(colAllEvents, Value(DateYear)=Year(Today()) || Value(DateYear)=Year(Today())-5))

I appreciate your replies!

Highlighted
Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @tianaranjo

Glad you got it resolved.

However, the fact that using Value() you resolve the issue demonstrates that DateYear is text and not a number.

You can see this in your own screenshot, where the SharePoint calculated column's return data type is selected as "Single line of text' and not 'Number'   You need to select 'Number' and refresh the data source.

jesenavaranjan
Level: Powered On

Hi!

I'm trying to implement this;

I am getting an error on the UpdateContext (cannot be applied to global variables?)

& How do I create a Hundred Chart?

I am working with SQL data

Please and thankyou

J

P.s this is my code so far

pdateContext({firstrecord: First('[dbo].[tbMilestone]')});
UpdateContext({lastrecord: First(Sort('[dbo].[tbMilestone]',MilestoneID,Descending))});
UpdateContext({maxiter: RoundUp((lastrecord.MilestoneID-firstrecord.MilestoneID)/500,0)});
ClearCollect(iter,
 AddColumns(AddColumns(Filter(HundredChart,Number<=maxiter),"min",(Number-1)*500),"max",Number*500)
);
Clear(datasource_temp);
ForAll(iter,
 Collect(datasource_temp,
  Filter('[dbo].[tbMilestone]',MilestoneID>=firstrecord.MilestoneID+min && MilestoneID<firstrecord.MilestoneID+max)
 )
)
GrischkePro
Level: Powered On

@jesenavaranjan wrote:

Hi!

I'm trying to implement this;

I am getting an error on the UpdateContext (cannot be applied to global variables?)

My understanding is that you must apply to code to i.e., a button OnSelect - it won't work in App.OnStart. At least it didn't me.

@mr-dang 

I have another issue however.

I get 'invaid invocation' error with

UpdateContext({maxiter: RoundUp((lastrecord.MilestoneID-firstrecord.MilestoneID)/500,0)});

So I tried replacing it with: (assuming RecordID in my case is the ID number in my SharePoint list?)

Set(varMaxiter,RoundUp((lastrecord.ID - firstrecord.ID) / 100,0));

and I'm not sure if this is correct, because I am now stuck with another error:

Clear(datasource_temp);

What is datasource temp? What am I missing? Or is this one of the things I ignore as it gets creater later in the code?

abd3127
Level 8

Hi @mr-dang 

I am using the methods you provided on Sharepoint database.

But i can only retrieve first 2000 rows only.

It shows delegation warning on RecordID and && functions.

Filter(datasource,RecordId>=firstrecord.RecordId+min && RecordId<firstrecord.RecordId+max)

Can you help me resolve this. It will be great help.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,268)