cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahil_s
Level: Powered On

Re: 500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long

@Eelman 
I have applied the code on Screen.OnVisibile and now i have written the following code in my dropdown.items:
Distinct(Filter(datasource_temp,'Candidate Name'.DisplayName in ComboBox1.Selected.DisplayName, Date = DatePicker2_1.SelectedDate),'Project Name') 
I simply just replaced my Sharepoint list from collection ,but still not working. Am i using correct query and database ? 

cyberco01
Level 8

Re: 500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long

I tried the below solution in my combo-box as follows :-

SortByColumns(ShowColumns(FirstN(Search(Filter(VendorsV2_3,TextInput1.Text in 'Search name'), TextInput1.Text, "VendorSearchName"),50),"VendorSearchName"),"VendorSearchName",Ascending).

This works perfectly fine ( Thanks @PaulD1 ), if i put a text-box above the combo-box and search in the text-box and corresponding value gets filtered in the combo-box.

But when i replace the TextInput1.Text to Combobox1.SearchText, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me with this.

Eelman
Level 8

@Sahil_s 

Could you share a screenshot of your app showing what you are trying to achieve? I'm struggling to visualise you problem.

Also, what exactly is "... still not working"?

Sahil_s

@Eelman Never mind, I figured it out and your solution has worked perfectly for me.
Thanks.

Eelman
Level 8

@Sahil_s 

No worries, happy to help 🙂 

RocketMan

I continue with this problem, I managed to execute the code correctly, and I can collect lots without problems, the problem is that you cannot store in a "collection" (also try SET) an ID above the number 2000.

Spoiler
That is, although it filters only 6 rows from ID 1997 to 2003 it only collects until ID 2000 (only 3 rows).

The intention of my code is to store a copy of a SharePoint list locally with 5,000 items, then work it locally and use SEARCH on a column.

Do you know if there is a new block?

PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Hi @RocketMan,

It sounds like you want to collect all 5000 records from SharePoint to be able to use Search(). You are doing this because you do not want to use StartsWith as it is non-delegable with SharePoint.

There is a significant tradeoff here. 

• Getting >2000 records at a time is a heavy operation. If each record has 10 columns, that's a total 'size' of 2000*10. If any columns are complex, it's greater. This pattern impacts your user's experience: they will wait several seconds.

I recommend not using PowerApps as you would the back-end, but instead surfacing the minimum amount of data to act.

If you must use SharePoint for this scenario, you can to use StartsWith() for much better performance than collecting 5000 records. You can apply other filters ahead of the StartsWith() to pare it down even more. Another option is to use a SharePoint customized form: you have the full capabilities of SharePoint with the action taking you want to do in PowerApps.

(Side note: this thread is about CDM and filter and yours is about SP and Search. I'd suggest starting a new thread in the future so that your question appears at the top of its own and doesn't require context-switching)

lseow

Hello @Mr-Dang-MSFT  or anyone,

I have 4000 records in an Excel table on OneDrive for Business, and have a couple of follow-up questions based on this thread.

1) Would the ForAll() approach recommended for my data source as well? The given example seems to be using CDS as the data source.

2) If I don't want to bring all 4000 records locally into the app, and I bind the control, i.e. datatable directly with the data source, I only got 2000 records back. Is it because Excel on OneDrive for Business is a non-delegable data source?

Thanks,

Lilian

PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Hi @lseow ,

1. The method shown is for any data source with sequential id column and was CDS in this case. 

2. The Excel and Google Sheets connectors do not see records beyond the record limit. They are perfect for prototyping because they're fast and malleable, but I would not recommend them as the final resting place for your important data.

If you need some more records than 2000 and don't expect it to grow, I have a method using a flow. But in general, I'd suggest keeping your app as lightweight as possible and filtering to bring in only what is going to be acted upon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,742)