cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rthorn
Level: Powered On

A little collection help

I have a gallery and inside of the gallery I have a text input that I would like to collect the data on with a button. I also want the collection to look at the data source of the gallery and pull the "locationID" for that item. I have gotten it to work in the gallery with the OnChange property with code that looks like this:

Collect(Orders, ThisItem.Location, {Quantity: Text_4inch.Text} )

but it's not updating the Quantity field with the data from the 'Text_4inch' box. 

Also if possible I would like to update that same data from the "text_4inch" at the datasource with the numbers. I am thinking a Patch does that but with the 'Text_4inch' being inside of a gallery I am not quite sure how it is going to work with the button.

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: A little collection help

Is your collection expecting a number value for Quantity or a text value. If it is expecting a number value it would explain the issue and in that case you would just wrap Text_4inch.Text in a value function.

Example:

Value(Text_4inch.Text)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,873)