cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a-anscac
Level: Powered On

A single user is stuck on "your app needs permission to use : SQLserver"

Hi all,

I have a PowerApp that is used by many colleagues and works fine, except for one single person who is unable to access it.

He is stuck at the screen that asks to grant permissions ("your app needs permission to use : SQLserver") and the Allow button is greyed out (screenshot below).

He already tried to:

• log out and log in
  • use other browsers
  • use powerapps mobile

maintenance.jpg

Any advice? Is there any internal support I can reach out to?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: A single user is stuck on "your app needs permission to use : SQLserver"

Hi @a-anscac 

Can you please confirm that the user has access to SQL server? The user must have appropriate roles to establish this connection and retrieve/update data on the data source. 

If you would like to contact the support team, you can raise a ticket on: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Super User
Super User

Hi @a-anscac 

If your app uses an on-premise SQL Server database, a likely cause of this problem is that the user doesn't hasn't been assigned a P1/P2 license.

To diagnose whether or not this is a licensing problem, I would click the cog icon > Plans menu item for a user that is able to access the database. Next, ask the user that experiences the problem to do the same. Is there any difference between the plans that are assigned to the user?

image.png

a-anscac

Hi @timl,

I checked the plans. Both me, another user who can access the app and the user who cannot are seeing the same plans that also appear in your screenshot:

- PowerApps for Office365

- PowerApps Trial

The app connects to a database that is hosted on Azure. The app sharing is set to a group, and the Data Permissions shows: SQL Server - Implicitly Shared.

I also made sure that the user is into that group/distribution list.

Any other advice?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @a-anscac ,

I suggest you check your SQL whether allow users to write/read.

What's more, not only you need to share the app, but also they need to recreate connection with SQL.

You could check here to see whether your connection is share successfully:9113.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
a-anscac

When I open the connections page it gets stuck on loading and the console is full of errors. I tried in Edge and Chrome.

Do you know if tech support can check this kind of things for me? 

errors.JPG

Super User
Super User

Hi @a-anscac 

I would recommend that you raise a support issue via the 'create support ticket' button at the bottom of this page.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

They should be able to see all your license details and be able to more easily find the cause of the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,986)