cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pandaym
Level: Powered On

Absence app: Need help creating new entry in form(sharepoint) and setting visibility on click etc.

Hi everyone,

I am creating an absence app for my department. I know there is one in the templates in PowerApps, but I decided to make my own. Now do note, I am no IT professional, just a mechanical engineer trying stuff out.

Now I got all the viewing parts of my form done, and I am trying to create the screen where people will submit new entries. The entries must be submitted to a sharepoint list, that I can then later use to generate calendars, start approval flows etc. The list has these columns:

So, a pen icon on the page before navigates to this screen:

I need a click on either of those four icon to:

- Set the "Absence Category" value for the list entry

- Hide the four icons and the "What do you want to submit?" text to reveal the rest of the form behind it

So, behind the above shown icons and text, I have put the form and added the entries that need to be added manually:

I will then need these fields to set the correct values for the new entry in the "Absence Form" list. And then the submit button to submit the entry and navigate the user back to another screen.

I need certain values of the list to be filled automatically, like requested by, approval status, icon and requester email. Those values are just based on who they are, and what they have chosen in the other boxes. And I would like the From default values to be dependant on other choices as well. So report sick for example would set todays day at 8 - 16 in from and to.

Also I need the "Absence Category" selection from the first screen to filter the "Absence Type" drop-down on this screen. So that if they pressed "Report Sick" for example, they would see only the relevant types. I have defined the relationship between the categories and types in another list called "Absence Type", which is the list that the "Absence Form" list does look-ups into:

Can anyone help me get going on this? I haven't been able to get anything working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,705)