cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paraxion
Level: Powered On

Access Denied to Sharepoint 2016 On-Prem

Hi all,

I'm getting the following error when trying to consume a sharepoint connector on PowerApps.  The Sharepoint instance is authenticated by ADFS, but there's mixed reports on whether this works under PowerApps.

I can set up the connector just fine, but using it gives me:

Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.

I've tried several domain accounts for accessing sharepoint, including a generic sharepoint reader account, my own account, and the sharepoint farm account.  I've also tried using both the NTSERVICE and a domain account to run the On-prem gateway service, in case that had some bearing on it.

Can anyone shed any light or let me know where to look?

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Access Denied to Sharepoint 2016 On-Prem

Hi Paraxion,

Just as Staff anousham said in the thread you have provide, only NTLM authentication is supported at the moment.
As your SharePoint instance is authenticated by ADFS, so you would get the error “Access denied”.

May I suggest you create a request for the supporting of ADFS authentication on PowerApps Ideas Forum? Hope PGs will take it into consideration.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Paraxion,

Just as Staff anousham said in the thread you have provide, only NTLM authentication is supported at the moment.
As your SharePoint instance is authenticated by ADFS, so you would get the error “Access denied”.

May I suggest you create a request for the supporting of ADFS authentication on PowerApps Ideas Forum? Hope PGs will take it into consideration.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

paraxion
Level: Powered On

Disappointing when Microsoft's products don't work together.  Will put in a request, but won't hold my breath.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,685)