cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level: Powered On

Accessibility: Enter Key doesn't pass current variable values and instead passes previous On Select value from last click

Hi All, 

Pretty much the title explains it but let me go into some details. I have a Gallery of reports with a few different buttons associated to them. One of the button is a "report details" button which opens up more report details in a seperate "report details" screen. Below is the code for the Report Details button: 

Navigate(Screen_ReportDetails, ScreenTransition.Fade,{selectedItem: Gallery_Report_List_1.Selected})

On the report details screen I've set Item to selectedItem. Note this all works perfectly when clicking through the application. The issue is when attempting to use KeyBoard input (enter) to select the report details button. When I press enter on it I get navigated to the Report Details screen for the last "Report Details" button I CLICKED. Is there a way to make the enter key set selectedItem similarly to how it works with a mouse click? Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing or a different way to do this? 

Keep in mind I have another button on the list where I use a "Launch" command and it works properly. Is there a way to utilize this to navigate between the screens of the app with my parameters?

All help is super appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Accessibility: Enter Key doesn't pass current variable values and instead passes previous On Select value from last click

Hi @Newbie ,

For the time being, tabbing through the Gallery will only navigate to each element when you input from keyboard, there is no function to select the item of gallery.

If you would like it to be added, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

To pass the parameters, try to use param function. For more information, pelase refer to this docs: Param

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 179 members 5,783 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: