cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tagustin
Level: Powered On

Acronym List Search and Sort Question

Hello everyone,

I'm new to PowerApps and this is my first time writing in.  I have built an Acronym PowerApp with the following browse gallery code:

SortByColumns(Filter(Acronyms, StartsWith(Acronym, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

I want to be able to do two things:

1) Search for an acronym (e.g. asap) and have it return that result (the above code works fine for that).

2) I want to return a list of all acronyms beginning with a specific letter with all of the results sorted in alphabetical order. The first part is okay- if I type in the letter P I get all of the acronyms that start with the letter P, but they don't appear in alphabetical order.

Can someone please help me out?  If we need to reference a secondary column, I do have a column in my SharePoint list called "Letter".

Thank you,

Teresa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Acronym List Search and Sort Question

I think you just need to make one small change to your SortByColumns and change "Title" to "Acronym".

SortByColumns(Filter(Acronyms, StartsWith(Acronym, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Acronym", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Acronym List Search and Sort Question

I think you just need to make one small change to your SortByColumns and change "Title" to "Acronym".

SortByColumns(Filter(Acronyms, StartsWith(Acronym, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Acronym", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,710)