Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SkiDK
Level 8

Add picture image sizes

Hi everyone,

When I have a control 'Add picture' and I use it on my mobile phone, I have two options to upload an image:

- from camera

- from files

What is the difference in image size between both of them? I read that when you take an image from the camera that the resolution is 640x480 (say 500kb) no matter the capability of the camera. Is that right?

When I choose an image with a much higher resolution (say 10mb) from my files, what will happen to that image when I upload it in the application? Will it stay 10mb? Or will it also decrease to 500kb?

Many thanks,

Ski

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Add picture image sizes

Hi @SkiDK ,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SkiDK ,

There is an option in the device settings that allows you to turn on/off the image optimization during upload. If it is turned on, images will automatically be resized before upload. This functionality is currently available only for iOS and android devices. Before you turn this on, uploading from files won't decrease the image sizes.

Regards,

Mona

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SkiDK
Level 8

Hey @v-monli-msft thanks for the reply

But if I were not to turn on that setting, the camera through the add picture control will still take images from the device that are 640x480? And upload image size will be how much the image size itself is, right?

And if I were to turn on this setting, all the images will be standard resized to 640x480?

Thanks,

Ski

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SkiDK ,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Regards,

Mona

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,711)