cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoakimAndersson
Level: Powered On

Add picture to existing an existing SharePoint list-item

Hello my fellow PowerAppers!

I have made a service desk-app where the data is stored in Azure SQL and the pictures in a sharepoint list. The app creates a record for each case where the pictures are stored. I have two questions:

What is the best way to display the images for the case in the app? The way I figured out how to do it is probably not the best way... It goes as follows:

Gallery1.Items:
First(Filter(SharePointList,ID=CaseID)))

The reslut is a gallery with all the records for the list that each can hold multiple pictures. This gallery is not visable as it only serves Gallery2.

Gallery2.Items:
Gallery1.Selected.'{Attachments}'

The image control in the gallery is set to ThisItem.AbsoluteUri. The reslut is a gallery which displays all the pictures from the record that matches the CaseID. It works fine for me but I bet there is a better way to do it.

Lets say the user creates a case and upload three images. I review the case and find out I want more pictures. How do I collect more pictures to the same record from powerapps? Is this even possible?

I have tried to search the forums and youtube for a solution to my issues but I can't find one. I would appreciate any help I can get and please tell me if you need more information aboiut my app.

Cheers,

Joakim 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Add picture to existing an existing SharePoint list-item

Hi @JoakimAndersson ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Further, could you please show more details about the data structure of your SP list?

For your first question, I agree with your thought almost. If you just want to display attachments images for a specific case in your SP list, I think it is not necessary to add two Gallery controls within your app, a single one Gallery could achieve your needs:

Set the Items property of the Gallery1 (Image layout) to following:

LookUp(SharePointList, ID = CaseID).Attachments

Set the Image property of the Image control within the Gallery to following:

ThisItem.AbsoluteUri

For your second question, do you want to add extra attachment images to an existing SP list item? Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think you could consider take a try to add a Edit form to achieve your needs (using Edit form control to edit an existing SP list item).

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

5.JPG

On your side, within your app, you could add a Gallery (Gallery1) to display the list of Case records in your SP list. Set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

'YourSPList'

Add a Edit icon button within above Gallery, set the OnSelect property to following:

EditForm(Form1);
Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Within the Edit screen, add a Edit form (Form1), set the Data Source property to your SP list data source. Set the Item proeprty of the Edit form to following:

Gallery1.Selected

Set the OnSuccess property of the Edit form to following:

Back()

Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following:

SubmitForm('YourSPList')

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test.gif

In addition, for your first question, you could also consider take a try to add a nested Gallery control within your first Gallery (Gallery1) as below:6.JPG

Set the Items property of the nested Gallery (Gallery2) to following:

ThisItem.Attachments

Set the Image property of the Image control within the nested Gallery (Gallery2) to following:

ThisItem.AbsoluteUri

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JoakimAndersson ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Further, could you please show more details about the data structure of your SP list?

For your first question, I agree with your thought almost. If you just want to display attachments images for a specific case in your SP list, I think it is not necessary to add two Gallery controls within your app, a single one Gallery could achieve your needs:

Set the Items property of the Gallery1 (Image layout) to following:

LookUp(SharePointList, ID = CaseID).Attachments

Set the Image property of the Image control within the Gallery to following:

ThisItem.AbsoluteUri

For your second question, do you want to add extra attachment images to an existing SP list item? Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think you could consider take a try to add a Edit form to achieve your needs (using Edit form control to edit an existing SP list item).

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

5.JPG

On your side, within your app, you could add a Gallery (Gallery1) to display the list of Case records in your SP list. Set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

'YourSPList'

Add a Edit icon button within above Gallery, set the OnSelect property to following:

EditForm(Form1);
Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Within the Edit screen, add a Edit form (Form1), set the Data Source property to your SP list data source. Set the Item proeprty of the Edit form to following:

Gallery1.Selected

Set the OnSuccess property of the Edit form to following:

Back()

Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following:

SubmitForm('YourSPList')

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test.gif

In addition, for your first question, you could also consider take a try to add a nested Gallery control within your first Gallery (Gallery1) as below:6.JPG

Set the Items property of the nested Gallery (Gallery2) to following:

ThisItem.Attachments

Set the Image property of the Image control within the nested Gallery (Gallery2) to following:

ThisItem.AbsoluteUri

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

JoakimAndersson
Level: Powered On

@v-xida-msft Thank you for taking the time to help me out. Your answer solved all of my issues.

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Joakim

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 435 members 5,800 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: