cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agent3154
Level: Powered On

Add picture url to the picture column in the powerapp [Edit form]

Hi, everyone, 

I am working on an app that allows the user to add/edit an entry. Each entry contains a picture field ( Where they put picture urls in the sharepoint). However, it seems that it is not supported by the powerapp. (I can't find anyway to put an url for that picture  in the edit form) Is there any workaround for this issue? or if I am missing anything. 

Thank you in advance for any clarification. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Add picture url to the picture column in the powerapp [Edit form]

Hi @agent3154,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a screenshot of your app's configuration?

Do you mean that you could not save a picture url within the Picture field in the Edit form?

I have made a test on my side (generate an app from my SP list) and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:4.JPG

The GIF image as below:Test1.gif

Please provide more details about your scenario, so we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @agent3154,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a screenshot of your app's configuration?

Do you mean that you could not save a picture url within the Picture field in the Edit form?

I have made a test on my side (generate an app from my SP list) and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:4.JPG

The GIF image as below:Test1.gif

Please provide more details about your scenario, so we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

agent3154

Hi, Kris,

Thank you for the detailed explanation! The reason why my picture column does not display any text edit box in the powerapp is that I configured the type of that picture column as "picture" instead of "hyperlink". 

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.02.25 AM.png   The only difference I noticed is that I see view image and view text instead of edit url etc. I guess it is because I inserted the edit form instead of generted directly from the sharepoint list ?

Nontheless, this worked for me and I was able to edit the url now. Thank you again for you help!

ashu0830

I have a image captured from powerapp camera control and saved in binary form in a sharepoint document library.

In name column of library with some filename.

Please let me know how can I render the image in powerapp display form.Whenever I try to render the image it just show file name in the form 

carem

@agent3154 .

Do you solve this issue? Please share with me. I have a similar issue like this.

agent3154

hi @carem  Did you have hyperlink as the column data type in your sharepoint list? If you go to your sharepoint list, create a column that has hyperlink as the datatype, then go to powerapp to generate the edit form, you should be able to edit the url directly. 

carem

Here my Column Setting:

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.07.36 AM.png

And it's performance in New Form, unclickable:

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.10.36 PM.png

But in the Power App Customize Form, we only see the Field as an unclickable field:

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.16.29 AM.png

What do I must do next?

d3ell

Did you find an answer too this? I too have the issue where it is unclickable. Ta

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,296)