cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Swagato
Level: Powered On

Adding Lookup Function within a collection record

I am trying to add a new column as a look up column and store it in a local collection. I plan to use the new column as a column for the data table control.

I have noticed that normally without lookup, i.e. just some formatting added like formatting new column to add date format or currency format works. But whenever I use the lookup formula within add columns, the collection does not show any columns within it.

I am using the below expression to create the collection:

ClearCollect(tempCollection,
AddColumns(
'[dbo].[Category]',
"Observers",LookUp('[dbo].[Observers]',LOGIN_ID = OBS_LOGIN_ID,Concatenate(LAST_NAME,", ",FIRST_NAME))))

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Adding Lookup Function within a collection record

Hi @Swagato,

Check if there is anything wrong with the Concatenate(LAST_NAME,", ",FIRST_NAME) part. Make sure that only [dbo].[Observers] contain the LAST_NAME and FIRST_NAME column. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Swagato
Level: Powered On

Hello,

The Observer table is the master table and only has information on FIRST_NAME and LAST_NAME. Also, this issue is not just with the expression I have mentioned. It has occurred for me for any lookup function on any table I use within the add columns and then creating a local collection out of it.

P.S. I am using an on-premise SQL Server database. Not sure whether it has anything to do with it.

Super User
Super User

i think your going to need to collect the observers table first with an addcolumns to do your concatenate, then do the lookup.
If you use addcolumns though you don't need concatenate anyway, just do: FirstName & " " & SurName (you could try this directly in your lookup but I don't think it works this way from memory).

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,949)