cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZachyV
Level 8

Adding 'View Details' in each Row of Data Table

Is it possible to add a 'View Details' in each row of a Data Table results or output?

If the button('View Details') is clicked this button or text it will navigate me to the Detail or Edit Form.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding 'View Details' in each Row of Data Table

Yes you can not add a DataTable to Gallery but you can customize Gallery to look exactly like Datatable with more functionality.

If you want View Details button next to each item in DataTable I suggest you ditch DataTable control and use Gallery.

Other way of doing this would be to have a button outside DataTable, the OnSelect would navigate to DetailsScreen.

In details screen use the DataTable.Selected and it links to any item that has been selected in previous screen. No need for anything else.

Definitely no need to include an extra column in your database.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ZachyV

I suggest you use Gallery control instead of Data Table.

Gallery control is a lot more flexible and you can design your Gallery to look like Data Table.

You will be able to add buttons in Gallery that are "View Details"

ZachyV
Level 8

I was trying to add the same data table to a Gallery control and I don't think that is possible.

ZachyV
Level 8

What I ended up doing is I went to the table in the database and added a field named it 'View Details' and in a view, I added the text

'View Details' in the same field in teh Select statement. It added in each row 'View Details'. I made the control hyperlinked so when I hover to that column it became as if a navigation control. 

What I would like to do is navigate to an Detail or EditForm. That is where I'm right now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can not add a DataTable to Gallery but you can customize Gallery to look exactly like Datatable with more functionality.

If you want View Details button next to each item in DataTable I suggest you ditch DataTable control and use Gallery.

Other way of doing this would be to have a button outside DataTable, the OnSelect would navigate to DetailsScreen.

In details screen use the DataTable.Selected and it links to any item that has been selected in previous screen. No need for anything else.

Definitely no need to include an extra column in your database.

View solution in original post

ZachyV
Level 8

That's true. I;m looking for a layout more of a form than a phone.. If I selected a tablet and assign more columns, it appears that I have a lot of wasted space.

ZachyV
Level 8

Which layou on the gallery  will I pick to make it look like a Datatable?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 367 members 6,483 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: