cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salamander94
Level: Powered On

Adding fields to list as you go from app?

So I originally was going to have my data sit on an SP list.  However, the problem is this app will be for purchase orders.  Ideally, they don't want to fill out a seperate form for each individual item.  They want the ability to add extra items, but under the same title, if that makes sense. 

For example, the title of this Purchase Order will be PO 5.  I want to order ice cream and cake under PO 5, but unfortunetely there is only one field to choose an item and add its price, so I choose cake.  Now I have to create an entirely new form, PO 6,  in order to grab my ice cream. 

Is there no way to be able to add a field under a field per say?  So I can order my ice cream and my cake under PO 5?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Adding fields to list as you go from app?

You need to use multiple lists in a parent/child relationship.  One list contains the PO information -- not the items.  The second list contains the Item information and also contains the PO Number so you can find all the items for a given PO.  Once the PO information is created you can take them to an items screen and allow them to enter multiple items.  When they complete all the items on that PO, they can return to a prior screen to create a new PO and start again.

Salamander94
Level: Powered On

Re: Adding fields to list as you go from app?

Okay well unfortunetely, I'm having a super hard time figuring out how to do that.  Think you could provide me some details?  I've made two lists.  As for the child list I have an I.D. column from the parent list.  However, now what?  How would I view them together?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,704)