Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Big_S
Level: Powered On

Adding new line of text input

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to do this? I have this scenario adding a new line of text boxes every time I select the add button.

Capture.PNG

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Adding new line of text input

Hey @Big_S 

Currently powerapps does not support such a control directly but you can achieve it with a workaround approach. Please follow the steps:
1) You can create the Agenda section as a gallery and input Label, Text Inputs and button control to make it look like your form.
2) The local collection that refers to this gallery, can be initiated on page visible using:
    ClearCollect(AgendaGalleryCollection,{Value:1},{Value:2})
    Here, I have only input two values as your form has only two, you can add values based on your requirements.
3) Now Gallery Specifications:
    Items: AgendaGalleryCollection
    Label to show SNo: ThisItem.Value
    Two Text Inputs each for Description and Time Allocation.
    Button: 
        Text: :"Add"
        Visible: If(ThisItem.Value = Last(AgendaGalleryCollection).Value,true,false)
        OnSelect: Collect(AgendaGalleryCollection,{Value:ThisItem.Value+1})
MicrosoftTeams-image (82).png

Note: The labels for Agenda, Description and Time Allocation are outside the gallery.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Big_S 

You have to write this Expression for ClearCollect on Screen property and not Gallery Visible, leave the Gallery Visible to true.

Place this expression on:
Click the Screen Name on Left menu items, go to OnVisible property and paste the clearcollect expression.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Big_S 

Can you confirm that data exists in your collection?

You can do that by navigating to View from Top Menu Item, and then select collections, then select your newly created collection, Please check if you have data inside it. I am guessing there is some issue with the collection creation.

Big_S

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Big_S 

Currently powerapps does not support such a control directly but you can achieve it with a workaround approach. Please follow the steps:
1) You can create the Agenda section as a gallery and input Label, Text Inputs and button control to make it look like your form.
2) The local collection that refers to this gallery, can be initiated on page visible using:
    ClearCollect(AgendaGalleryCollection,{Value:1},{Value:2})
    Here, I have only input two values as your form has only two, you can add values based on your requirements.
3) Now Gallery Specifications:
    Items: AgendaGalleryCollection
    Label to show SNo: ThisItem.Value
    Two Text Inputs each for Description and Time Allocation.
    Button: 
        Text: :"Add"
        Visible: If(ThisItem.Value = Last(AgendaGalleryCollection).Value,true,false)
        OnSelect: Collect(AgendaGalleryCollection,{Value:ThisItem.Value+1})
MicrosoftTeams-image (82).png

Note: The labels for Agenda, Description and Time Allocation are outside the gallery.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Big_S

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Thank you so muchhh! I will execute this and keep you update once again Thank youuuu! ❤️

Big_S

Hi @yashag2255 

What am I missing?

gallery_1.png

button_2.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Big_S 

You have to write this Expression for ClearCollect on Screen property and not Gallery Visible, leave the Gallery Visible to true.

Place this expression on:
Click the Screen Name on Left menu items, go to OnVisible property and paste the clearcollect expression.

Big_S

Hi @yashag2255 

I got no errors now but when I run the application I don't see any text inputs, label, and button from gallery what happen?

o.PNGoi.PNG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Big_S 

Can you confirm that data exists in your collection?

You can do that by navigating to View from Top Menu Item, and then select collections, then select your newly created collection, Please check if you have data inside it. I am guessing there is some issue with the collection creation.

Big_S

Big_S

Hi @yashag2255 

IT WORKS NOWWWWW!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCHHHH!!!!! i'm always trying new scenario for me to learn THANK YOOOUUU!!!! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,673)