cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RBouakaz
Level: Power Up

After Barcode Scanning on iphone X the top black margin disapears and moves the screen up hiding a portion of the screen...

Hi,

we are having an issue with our powerapp on iphone X after scanning a Barcode. When starting a PowerApp on iPhoneX (and probably other phones with a notch on top). PowerApp adds per default a black margin on the top and bottom of the screen to prevent the notch of hidding screen content.

However, only after using the Barcode scanner this margin is somehow removed (or moved to the bottom?) and the current view gets "behind the notch" (See Attached). Going away form the current does not help. This issue remains until the app is restarted... 

I hope you can help!

Kind Regards

Riad

2 REPLIES 2
Willinton06
Level: Powered On

Re: After Barcode Scanning on iphone X the top black margin disapears and moves the screen up hiding a portion of the screen...

I have the exact same issue, any updates?

RBouakaz
Level: Power Up

Re: After Barcode Scanning on iphone X the top black margin disapears and moves the screen up hiding a portion of the screen...

Hi,
if you use the web barcode reader - this error wil disapear BUT the user interface is not as polished as the ‘normal’ barcode reader. You need to add visual ‘hints’ to indicate the barcode is actually read. It’s a pain. I ended using the view where you don’t use iphonex full screen - meaning the top margin i extra big and after barcode reading the top margin is halfed but this will not make the ‘notch’ overlaping your views... Strange that this has not been corrected yet by MS - as far as I can see...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 342 members 6,727 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: