cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry1567
Level: Powered On

Allow PowerApp users to submit data to sharepoint but restrict Sharepoint direct access

Hi,

Is there a way to hide or restrict access to the Sharepoint site directly but at the same time allow users to read/edit from it through PowerApps?

I have looked at the following thread. I don't think Flows would be appropriate as a solution for the current use acse, as the app will then need to be aware of the changes applied and read/write directly to the Sharepoint List.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Allow-PowerApp-users-to-submit-data-to-sharep...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Allow PowerApp users to submit data to sharepoint but restrict Sharepoint direct access

No there is no way to give a user access to a SharePoint list through PowerApps without actually giving them access to the list itself. The only workaround I've seen is to use two Flows one initiated through PowerApps, which runs in the context of the user, and a second that is initiated by the first Flow, which will run in the context of the developer.  Since the second Flow runs through a connection created by the developer who has access it will allow the user to sobmit changes to the list that they don't have access to. But that's the only workaround. PowerApps just isn't designed to work on any data source that isn't shared with the user.  Its not just a SharePoint thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Allow PowerApp users to submit data to sharepoint but restrict Sharepoint direct access

No there is no way to give a user access to a SharePoint list through PowerApps without actually giving them access to the list itself. The only workaround I've seen is to use two Flows one initiated through PowerApps, which runs in the context of the user, and a second that is initiated by the first Flow, which will run in the context of the developer.  Since the second Flow runs through a connection created by the developer who has access it will allow the user to sobmit changes to the list that they don't have access to. But that's the only workaround. PowerApps just isn't designed to work on any data source that isn't shared with the user.  Its not just a SharePoint thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jerry1567 

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best Regards.

Yumia

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,649)