cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sriks
Level: Powered On

Allow User to write in a sharepoint List but not Edit or Delete his created content

Hello, I am working on a project where Users are sending informations using a Powerapp which is accessible from a sharepoint Group. The information is Patched inside a sharepoint List that the User has access to (creating and editing elements created by the User). 

I developped a solution, using a flow that moves new items in that List to another List where the User got no permission (the Flow is impersonating the administrator).

Flow_move_between_sharepoint_Lists.JPG

That way I am able as an Owner of my sharepoint site to access the item using another Powerapp. And here is my problem, I need the User being able to view, using a Powerapp the content sent to that List, and I need him not being able to see the content sent by other Users of the Site.

Does a way of making my List accessible only from Powerapps (while being a sharepoint list) exists ?

Is that possile to make the User connect to my app using another microsoft account (Like giving rights whith a flow) ?

Is it a viable solution for me to create my own API working as Plumsail SP API's that edit permissions of a SP List ?

Many thanks !!

Sriks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Allow User to write in a sharepoint List but not Edit or Delete his created content

Hi

Does a way of making my List accessible only from Powerapps (while being a sharepoint list) exists ?

The only way i'm thinking of is getting items / updating items from the list with a flow running under service account permissions. So the user won't have direct access to the list as the list won't be seen as a data source of the app.

Is that possile to make the User connect to my app using another microsoft account (Like giving rights whith a flow) ?

I don't think so

Is it a viable solution for me to create my own API working as Plumsail SP API's that edit permissions of a SP List ?

Yes it is

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Allow User to write in a sharepoint List but not Edit or Delete his created content

Hi

The only way i'm thinking of is getting items / updating items from the list with a flow running under service account permissions. So the user won't have direct access to the list as the list won't be seen as a data source of the app.

I don't think so

Yes it is

Regards

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,355)