Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ansrikanth
Level: Powered On

Allow access to my custom QnA connector

Hi Community

My first post 🙂 and obviously my first app real world app.

I'm builidng a Chatbot application and I used a custom QnA connector (the default connector is not giving me the confidence score).All working perfectly fine (on my laptop & on my mobile). However, when I shared it with some of my collegues, the Custom connector is asking for authorization token, how do I by pass this authorization? I want all my users have access to my QnA service w/o entering authorization code. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

-Srikanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Allow access to my custom QnA connector

Hi @ansrikanth,

Do you also want to pass the authorization of your custom connector to the them when you share your app to your end users?

Which authentication type do you use within your custom connector?

Further, do you want your end users to access your custom connector without entering authorization token (providing their own credentials)?

I suppose that you use API Key as authentication type within your custom connector, is it true? If you want your end users to access your custom connector without entering authorization token (providing their own credentials), I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, when you share an app that uses a custom connector to the end users, the custom connector would also be shared to them automatically, but they must create their own connections to this custom connector with their own credentials.

More details about sharing an app uses custom connector, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources#custom-connectors

If you want your end users to access your custom connector without entering authorization code, you could consider take a try to set the Authentication Type to "No authentication" within your custom connector, but you must make sure your QnA service is public to everyone.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ansrikanth,

Do you also want to pass the authorization of your custom connector to the them when you share your app to your end users?

Which authentication type do you use within your custom connector?

Further, do you want your end users to access your custom connector without entering authorization token (providing their own credentials)?

I suppose that you use API Key as authentication type within your custom connector, is it true? If you want your end users to access your custom connector without entering authorization token (providing their own credentials), I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, when you share an app that uses a custom connector to the end users, the custom connector would also be shared to them automatically, but they must create their own connections to this custom connector with their own credentials.

More details about sharing an app uses custom connector, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources#custom-connectors

If you want your end users to access your custom connector without entering authorization code, you could consider take a try to set the Authentication Type to "No authentication" within your custom connector, but you must make sure your QnA service is public to everyone.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ansrikanth
Level: Powered On

Hi Kris

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response. It seems I forgot to share my custom connector. Once If I share the connector then it is working fine.

Thank you

-Srikanth

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,278)