cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trogdor42
Level: Powered On

An Error occurred on the server

Hello,

I am rolling out a new power application to a set of senior executives at my firm.  As we are testing the applicaiton, seemingly at random on the IOS device a message appears at the top of the screen that in red says "An error occurred on the server". 

To resolve, we hard closed the IOS application, and re-opened it, then things worked just fine.

I am wondering the following:

1. Is there some location that I can go to review a detailed error log for the applicaiton, to determine what is going wrong?
  2. If the answer to the above for me is no, is that something that Microsoft can look into through a support ticket? (if yes, then where do I file such a thing).
  3. Is this a known issue, and what should I do to resolve it.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to re-create the problem, and it appears at random.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: An Error occurred on the server

Hi @trogdor42,

Could you please share a bit more about the data source used within your app?

For your first question, the error message seems to tell that there is something wrong with the server in your app. Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to review the detailed error log for an app.

For your second question, you could consider take a try to capture the Session ID of your app, then submit an assisted support ticket with the captured Session ID through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

More details about getting a Session ID of an app, please check the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid

In addition, please consider take a try to turn off/disable the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option and "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, re-publish your app, check if the issue has been fixed.

Please also make sure that the Network in your iOS device is in a good state. Also please check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App in your iOS device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to latest version.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: An Error occurred on the server

Hi @trogdor42,

Could you please share a bit more about the data source used within your app?

For your first question, the error message seems to tell that there is something wrong with the server in your app. Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to review the detailed error log for an app.

For your second question, you could consider take a try to capture the Session ID of your app, then submit an assisted support ticket with the captured Session ID through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

More details about getting a Session ID of an app, please check the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid

In addition, please consider take a try to turn off/disable the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option and "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, re-publish your app, check if the issue has been fixed.

Please also make sure that the Network in your iOS device is in a good state. Also please check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App in your iOS device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to latest version.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,490)