Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kagiso
Level: Powered On

App Deployment Options

Hi Folks,
I really like Powerapps and I'm pretty decent at creating useful apps I can't CODE to save my life but I like the fact that they've used the logic from the Excel functions to build apps however here's where my question comes in, does anyone know why Microsoft won't make this available as a stand alone app in the Google Play Store or Apple Store without having to download the Powerapp to open my apps? I have many clients who want to download the app from the Playstore without downloading Powerapps. One solution was to deploy my apps as webapps and remove the Powerapps banner on top on the webpage but my clients still want to download the app from Play Store. Maybe this can be done and I'm missing something here

2 REPLIES 2
seadude
Level 10

Re: App Deployment Options

Hi @Kagiso ,
My understanding as someone developing PowerApps for over a year, is that this model is on the roadmap for PowerApps in the next year or so.

This information is coming from Charles Lamanna (PowerApps app owner) being interviewed on the NZ365Guy podcast here.

We're all banking on this functionality as well :).

Welcome to the community!

(thanks to @KickingApps for the podcast recommend!)

Kagz
Level: Power Up

Re: App Deployment Options

Hi @ Seadude, if Powerapps gave us the option of deploying the app in the Playstore as a stand alone that would be a game changer, I really love Powerapps and I've developed many great apps that are NOT business related I just hate the fact that everyone needs to download Powerapps before accessing my apps. In the meantime I've had to Switch to Appsheets and re-create all my apps as they have the option to deploy to the Playstore and they also have the option for users in your organisation to access the Appsheet apps through a Appsheet module like Powerapps. I just think Powerapps should give us the option of deploying to the Playstore (maybe at a higher price plan). Microsoft literally owns the world why won't they give us both options like Appsheets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 447 members 5,607 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: