cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TKrause5
Level: Powered On

App Idea: Is It Possible

Needs: Sales employees need a way to request compony brochures for tradeshows. 

I want to create an app in Powerapps that allows sales employees in my company to request inventory. The functionality will be similar to a shopping cart checkout. The user will view a gallery of all the brochures available. This data will be pulled from a SharePoint list. 

They will select all the brochures they need by clicking an "add to cart" button. When they have selected all the items they need, they will click a "checkout" button. This will take them to a checkout screen where they can view all the items they selected with the option to remove. They then need to fill in some additional information like shipping address, etc. and when they submit then the data gets submitted to a sharepoint list. 

The problem I am having is: can powerapps store local data that can be displayed on a data table?? This data will be added when the user clicks the "add to cart" button and will not be inserted in a sharepoint list until they complete the order. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MelindaK
Level 8

Re: App Idea: Is It Possible

HI @TKrause5,

Yes it is completely possible by making use of Collections.
I have a similar scenario and the way I am doing it, is I collect the items to a Collection (when they press add to cart), then display I display the colletion items on an overview page and only submit to SharePoint after the user presses a button on that page.

You can read more about collections here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-clear-collect-clearcollect/

If you need more help, let me know 🙂 

MelindaK

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MelindaK
Level 8

HI @TKrause5,

Yes it is completely possible by making use of Collections.
I have a similar scenario and the way I am doing it, is I collect the items to a Collection (when they press add to cart), then display I display the colletion items on an overview page and only submit to SharePoint after the user presses a button on that page.

You can read more about collections here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-clear-collect-clearcollect/

If you need more help, let me know 🙂 

MelindaK

View solution in original post

TKrause5
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the reply! 

How are you displaying the collection on the overview page?? Data tabel?? 

Can you remove items from the overview page?? 

If so how?? 

MelindaK
Level 8

I am using Gallery to display the items.

And yes you can, at least in my scenario, on the Gallery, on each item I have a button which has the Remove formula on the OnSelect property. The Remove function looks like this:

Remove(CollectionName, ThisItem)

-where CollectionName is the name of the collection and ThisItem is the reference for the item that will be removed.

I am not sure how a Data table will behave as I have never used one 🙂 

MelindaK

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,960)