cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dlazic
Level: Powered On

App crashing on iOS devices

Our app works fine in browser, works fine on Windows 10 PowerApp, and works fine on Android devices. However, it keeps crashing randomly on iOS devices. We are unable to figure out why as of yet but suspect it has something to do with taking images and saving them to the local collections prior to submitting them to the AzureBlobStorage.

To test, we created a simple sceen with Media -> Add Picture component, and found it will randomly crash:

1. Click on Add Picture (app)
  2. Click on Take Photo (iOS)
  3. Point and take a picture (iOS)
  4. Click on Use Photo (iOS) 

Already tried reloading the app, clearing the cache, republishing, etc. Used different model of IPhones to test, including the IPhone 10.

Step #4 is where it crashes, after clicking on Use Photo. It does not crash always but does at lease every second time. we attempt to perform steps above.

13 REPLIES 13
PowerApps Staff claudiosvcc
PowerApps Staff

Re: App crashing on iOS devices

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Can you please share with us a session ID?

I know you can't get it after it crashes, but if we're lucky enough you might grab a session Id and repro the crash after that. If not, that's fine, I can try to grab the crash information on our side with a healthy session ID.

thanks

dlazic

The session id is: fb510389-117b-4665-8589-a604b9b995ce. Working to reproduce the problem right now.

dlazic

The issue has been reproduced. Please let me know if you need anything else.

rrranta

We're seeing the same behaviour - iOS 12.2. Application freezes (needing to force-close PowerApps), or crashes on first use of the app. We can reproduce the crash fairly consistenly.  We have found that if a user tries to add an existing photo from their libray on their first use, subsequent uses allow to add new photos directly from the camera.

Please let us know if there have been any developments on your end.

PowerApps Staff sriniD
PowerApps Staff

@rrranta  We are investigating similar issue. Can you provide sessionId of the repro case where you seeing the crash. Also if possible upload the video repro.

rrranta

Hi @sriniD! For sure!  The session ID changes after the crash. Before the crash, the session ID was

50413b9d-bbd0-4af8-ba38-822bcb067406

After, it became

d2a3d64d-4cc8-4ed3-af1d-3e1ccbce456a

You can see a screen recording of the whole thing here.

https://youtu.be/MyMXe8sFr9E

Note that I'm constantly tapping 'Use Photo' to no avail. Had to force-close the application

PowerApps Staff sriniD
PowerApps Staff

@rrranta  Thank you appreciated. Since you app are required to capture image, in mean time you can use Camera Control in the powerApp till the issue with AddImage Controls got fixed. Camera Control on the powerApps is more reliable and able to capture images compare with AddImage.

AshleyC

Hi,

Any updates with this issue?  I am also seeing this issue with iOS.  Unfortuantely the camera control is not a viable alternative as the 640 x 480 size is too small to be of use and the use of flash and zoom etc is also required.

Any updates would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if there is any info that i could provide to assist with diagnosis.

Thanks

Ashley 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would appreciate an update too.

For my application, having two separate controls (camera for take photo and upload for just uploading) is not a good alternative for us. Would be really great if this issue could be resolved soon.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 202 members 5,335 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: