cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
david2
Level: Powered On

App distorted by auto zoom input select

Seems like you guys pushed an update that defaults the device to auto zoom on input select. Can you please pull this change out of production unless there's a way to disable this feature at the control level?

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: App distorted by auto zoom input select

Hi @david2 ,

It seems that I cannot reproduce your issue. Where did you encounter this? On mobile or web browser? What is your PowerApps version number?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
david2

Issue is on iOS 12.3.1. In order to temporarily workaround the issue, I had to Scale to Fit and Lock Aspect Ratio. Lock Aspect Ratio limits the screen size on the iPad, so this isn’t a viable long-term solution. 

PowerApps Version 3.19073.17

Kamz

@v-monli-msft , I am having the same issue. It only occurs on iOS, Android does not have this problem. Essentially, whenever you select a drop down, it zooms in and gets stuck in zoom.

@david2 wrote:

Issue is on iOS 12.3.1. In order to temporarily workaround the issue, I had to Scale to Fit and Lock Aspect Ratio. Lock Aspect Ratio limits the screen size on the iPad, so this isn’t a viable long-term solution. 

PowerApps Version 3.19073.17

Specoop

I've got an iPhone SE, and ComboBox set to size 25 font. When I click on the combobox, the application is zooming in substantially. After you pick a selection, you have to click out of the combobox, and then two finger manually zoom out (without clicking on any other part of the application).

luuminhvuong93

@v-monli-msft  Please help me as well.

This issue only happens with the COMBOBOX selection,

jvdlinden
Level 8

@v-monli-msft ,

I am facing the same issue, also on iOS (iPhone 6s iOS 13.1.3, latest build, latest PowerApps release). Let's get this fixed.

raph63

Hello,

I've exactly the same problem with an iPhone X...

It's really boring!!!!

Very difficult to come back to the normal size with scrolling canvas!

Makes the user experience very bad :(!!!!

jvdlinden
Level 8

I have just yet submitted a Service Request hoping this will raise urgency.

jvdlinden
Level 8

This is the result of the SR which means Microsoft will not take action. I have checked the font size, but it was already 20, even increasing this value does not affect the behavior:

"After further troubleshooting and escalation, we have been able to ascertain that It is an iOS behavior controlled by Apple. It happens when the font size is too small. The iOS platform automatically zooms in so that users can see what they are typing.

Power Apps is built on the same web technologies as Safari, and this behavior can be reproduced on other websites in Safari. Visit any website that has small text inputs. The problem is more apparent on iPhones than iPads because of the smaller screen size, causing text inputs to shrink more on some websites.

This did not happen before because Power Apps did not enable pinch zooming. Unfortunately, Apple does not have a way to enable pinch zooming without causing this auto-zoom behavior. Pinch zooming is critical for accessibility and we have decided that it is more important than the minor inconvenience of having to manually zoom out when working with small text inputs.

To fix this issue, ensure that the font size of text inputs are large enough so that iOS does not have to zoom in.

Users can also send feedback to Apple to provide ways to opt-out of this auto-zooming behavior. As mentioned before, this issue also happens on websites in Safari, for text inputs that have a font size of less than 16px."

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,858)