cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hngdev
Level 8

App not working after GA

Recently, my app we brought to production before GA has some issues when PowerApps becomes GA:

- The SharePoint data source failed even when we didn't change anything, so I have to delete then add the SP datasource again. The problem is after re-added, the datasource has suffix (_1) behind its name, for example: datasource_name_1. Is there any way that I can rename the datasource name instead of change its name in controllers that use the datasource.

- UI has a bit change. For what I can see now, some controllers have lost their borders.

- Finally, charts mess up when it runs in Run mode but it works fine when I enter edit mode then run the app.

How should I solve these issues?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff Karthik
PowerApps Staff

Re: App not working after GA

1. From your description it looks like you have more than one data source configured in the app. Can you go the Data sources panel from the Content > Data sources tab and check the connections? My suggestion to remove the old connection and the new connection_1 and add it again.

datasources.png

2. Can you call out the specific controls that don't have borders. You can check BorderStyle (set to Solid, Dotted, None etc.) and BorderThickness (set to 0, 1, 2... etc.) properties on those controls

3. Are the charts running in the browser or the mobile client - please file a support ticket with the version details for this issue.

Thanks,

-Karthik

Vicky_Song
Level: Powered On

@hngdev, could you please verify whether Karthik's suggestions help you? And do you still need help from us? 

hngdev
Level 8

Hi Vicky,

For the first one, I tried and it didn't work. I deleted the old connection before added a new one, but I still ended up with suffix after the connection name.

For the last one, I was informed by Harold that It was a known bug and has been reported to product group. And I have no idea if this bug is fixed or not.

Vicky_Song
Level: Powered On

@hngdev, sorry to hear that you still have that issue. I will report your first issue to our senior engineers, will post back if I got any updates. And for your last issue, did you open another thread in the community so that Harold can provide you the information? In addition, could you please also share me more information, for example some screenshots, to show how charts mess in Run mode? 

hngdev
Level 8

Hi @Vicky_Song,

I'm sorry for this late response. It has been busy weeks for me.

This is how the chart runs in 2 different modes:

pachartedit.PNGIn Edit Modepachartrun.PNGIn Run/Web Mode

Also, when it runs in Run/Web mode, my loading screen takes too long to actually run loading data

paloadingweb.PNGLoading In Run/Web Mode

In Edit mode, it jumps right to loading data process when the app opens.

paloadingedit.PNGLoading In Edit Mode

Can you please double check on it?

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 417 members 6,370 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: