cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wim
Level: Powered On

App screen doesn't refresh even after refresh datasource

I have created an app to update a Sharepoint list "Topic". The app has a browsegallery, a detail screen (to see the details of one item) and an edit screen (to edit the details). The app is made in "tablet" mode, and I use the app in a Google Chrome browser.

On the edit screen I use patch actions to update item. The actions work "perfectly". Whatever update I do through the app gives the expected result in Sharepoint in a few seconds. (e.g. changing a value in a column)

However sometimes the new data don't appear in the app screen (browse gallery, detail screen), even after refresh of the datasource (refresh button with "Refresh([@Topic])" action on both screens). I say "sometimes", because sometimes it does work. In fact there is no predictability, it looks like 50/50.

Only when I reload the app (i.e. restart the app) I can be sure that the data are shown as they should. But obviously such workaround doesn't make sense at all.

In summary, Refresh(datasource) is not enough to refresh data on the screen, it only refreshes the datasource. Is there a function to "force refresh the screen", i.e. make sure that the screen updates with the data available in the datasource?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
hpkeong
Level 10

Re: App screen doesn't refresh even after refresh datasource

Hi

@mrdangever mentioned in his post about data updating may take too long to show up.

CDS and Excel in DropBox will be almos instant but others may take some time.

Please view the post from him.,

TQ

hpkeong
Highlighted
Wim
Level: Powered On

Re: App screen doesn't refresh even after refresh datasource

Thanks for your reply Hpkeong.

Could you please provide a link to that post from mrdangever? I can't find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 92 members 4,932 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: