cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjnodello
Level: Powered On

App user cannot "allow" SQL connection

I have an app using an on-prem SQL Server 2012 database set up with an on-prem gateway.  I use a basic login for the connection and I have admin permissions on the gateway.  Everything works well for me when using the app.

When I share the app with other users they are prompted to allow the SQL connection, but the "Allow" button can not be clicked.  

I found some info here https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app-resources/ :

"If you create and share an app that includes data from an on-premises source, the on-premises data gateway itself and certain types of connections to that gateway will be shared automatically. For any connection that isn’t shared automatically, you can share it manually (as the previous section shows) or let the app prompt users to create their own connections."

I expected the connection to be shared automatically.  Do I need to also share the connection with every user I share the app with in this situation?

Thanks,

Brett

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: App user cannot "allow" SQL connection

Hi @bjnodello,

Some questions:

1. Is this happening to all the users that you shared the app with?

2. Would you please create another app with a different database in SQL and have a test?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bjnodello

Thank you Mona,

1. Yes, this is happening to "all" users (I've only shared it with 2 others)

2. I will try to get to this today and get back to you.

Thanks,

Brett

bjnodello

Sorry for the delay.  I have been doing some testing.

So, I created a new app with a different database (auditdb) and appear to have no issues with the new app.  

Something odd did happen though.  I wanted to test the original app with more users.  When they access the new app they are prompted to allow access to the auditdb database, which is not a connection in this app.  When you enter the app an "Unknown error occured" warning comes up.

I have checked in the app and the correct database (sortdb) is showing as a datasource. I also check under details for the original app in the app list and it shows the correct connection to the sortdb.

MelindaK
Level 8

Hi,

I just run across something similar. I am using SQL Server connection to an Azure DB and when I sent the link to one of my co-workers to test the app they are not prompted with any box to allow the connection and while using the app no data is returned.

I have shared the app with them giving them 'Use + Edit' permissions, and I have checked on the Connection itself, that being shared with them as well.

Is there anything I'm missing? This is not the first time I am sharing the apps like this and it always worked before.

Thanks
MelindaK

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,188)